88% CTC Welding Grads Employed in Industry
- PA Ranked THIRD in Nation for employment of Welders, Cutters, Solderers, and Brazers.
- Welding continues to be a High Priority Occupation in PA.
- Recent annual average wage in Lancaster County for Welders was $44,360
- Click here to apply to any of the LCCTC’s Welding Programs
- Advanced Welding and Welding Technology at the Lancaster County CTC are accredited by the Council on Occupational Education – https://council.org/
What is the Welding Center?
Welding has become a dominant force in virtually every aspect of daily life. With the industry’s continual advances, welding will provide almost endless opportunities for those on the cutting edge.
One of the Lancaster County CTC welding instructors said it best…welding has changed modern civilization. It started with a forge and a hammer a thousand years ago and now welding is part of everyday life. We build power plants, ships, cars, trucks, trailers, skyscrapers, bridges, cranes, construction equipment, sanitary food systems, sewage removal and so much more. The world relies on welders and tours like this that show students that we drive over, sleep in, drink from, and live off of the craftsmanship of a welder is essential.
We can’t imagine a day when welding is a technology of the past. Welding will always be a revolving door of technology and will always be part of the technology innovations into the future. Welding, as a whole, is an endless possibility of opportunity.
Our Programs Are Built for Success
Earn industry recognize certificates and the possibilities of earning post-secondary credits
Take advantage of trips to the field and experts coming to the classroom to share about the industry
Opportunity for Cooperative education experiences.
Your Future in Construction
Advanced Welding Provides an advanced comprehension of welding knowledge, proficiency and practice to meet the skills needs of:
- Automotive Industry
- Industrial Fabrication
- Ship Building
- Heavy Construction occupations.
Welding Technology (full time program):
- Perform a wide range of welding processes using advanced welding techniques.
- Assemble and fabricate specialized metal products.
- Practice welds needed for weld certification, use modern power tools/equipment and interpret fabrication blueprints.
Why Lancaster County CTC
Your return on investment (ROI) is as important to you as it is for us. We are incredibly proud of our competitive tuition rate, and completion rate.
The Lancaster County Career & Technology Center was included on the 2017 and 2018 list of best two-year trade schools in the USA by Forbes Magazine!
Affordable hands on education opportunities with some of the best tuition rates in the region.
Small Class Size
Build personal relationships with instructors and classmates with small class sizes dedicated to your education.