Culinary Arts and Event Planning
- Learn about the Culinary Arts/Chef* and Baking and Pastry Arts* career fields from industry experts
- Full restaurant quality kitchen for realistic training
- Graduate into an in-demand job market in Lancaster County
*denotes programs accredited by the Council on Occupational Education – https://council.org/
What is the Culinary Arts Center?
The Culinary and Hospitality Center is made of three full day programs: Culinary Arts, Baking & Pastry Arts, and Event Planning and Tourism Services Management. The Culinary and Hospitality programs prepare students for a diversified, intensive education in the food service, event, or hospitality industry. It is designed to provide learning experiences that offer students a solid background of practical training that encompasses the management, marketing and operations of restaurants and other food services, lodging, attractions, recreation events and travel related services.
What You Will Learn
As a Culinary or Baking and Pastry Student, you will be immersed in culinary related topics. You will work in a state of the are facility with professional equipment and highly trained chefs. You will plan, prepare, and serve meals with superior customer service from casual to upscale fine dining experiences in our student run restaurant, bakery and catered events.
Our Programs Are Built for Success
Earn industry recognized certificates and the possibility of earning post-secondary credits
Take advantage of trips to the field and experts coming to the classroom to share about the industry
Opportunity for cooperative education experiences.
Jobs & Other Opportunities
- Pastry Chef
- Cake Designer/Decorator
- Deli Clerk
- Department Manager
- Line Cook
- Front Desk Agent
- Marketing and Sales Representative
- Event Planner
Success occurs every day. Read more about our recent successes on our News page.
Why Lancaster County CTC
- In many cases, students can earn between 3 and 13 college credits during their senior year.
- Depending on the program, students have the opportunity to participate in work-based learning (co-op).
- Students earn a diploma from their sending school AND a certificate of completion from the Lancaster County Career & Technology Center.
- Students can gain certain State and National certifications in their areas of expertise.
Programs Course Catalog
Culinary Arts / Chef
*INFUSIONS restaurant is closed when LCCTC is closed or has a two hour delay. Check WGAL if you are unsure of delay or closure.* Program Goals All Culinary Arts students... Read moreLearn More