Campus: Mount Joy | CIP Code: 46.0201
Instructor: Rich Burley
Instructor: Residential Carpentry
Rich Burley has been employed at the Lancaster County CTC since 1992 teaching the Construction Cluster class, Commercial Construction class, and currently the Residential Carpentry course with emphasis on the student house project.
Rich earned an associate degree in Building Construction Technology from The Pennsylvania College of Technology and teaching credentials from Penn State University.
Rich worked for more than ten years in the construction industry before starting his career as a teacher. He enjoys spending time with his wife and kids. His interests are hiking, fishing, and hunting as he spends most of his time outdoors.
Career Focus Statement
Prepare for professional residential carpentry careers, immediate employment, or further education.
All Construction Technologies students will:
- Earn National Skills Certificates, i.e. National Occupational Competency Testing Institute (NOCTI) and PA Skills Certificates.
- Successfully transition into a 1st career job and/or related post-secondary training.
- Be proficient in their career major and demonstrate proficiency through hands-on performance and theoretical testing.
- Experience the construction of a new home using green technology.
- Develop the skills and knowledge needed to interpret and construct current building systems.
- Operate a wide range of hand, power and air tools.
- Concrete Placement & Finisher
- Drywall Installer & Finisher
- Finish Carpenter
- Insulation Installer
- Rough Carpenter
- Siding Installer