Career Focus Statement
Prepare for professional residential carpentry careers, immediate employment, or further education.
All Construction Technologies students will:
- Earn National Skills Certificates, i.e. National Occupational Competency Testing Institute (NOCTI) and PA Skills Certificates.
- Successfully transition into a 1st career job and/or related post-secondary training.
- Be proficient in their career major and demonstrate proficiency through hands-on performance and theoretical testing.
- Experience the construction of a new home using green technology.
- Develop the skills and knowledge needed to interpret and construct current building systems.
- Operate a wide range of hand, power and air tools.
- Concrete Placement & Finisher
- Drywall Installer & Finisher
- Finish Carpenter
- Insulation Installer
- Rough Carpenter
- Siding Installer
This program is accredited by the Council on Occupational Education – https://council.org/
Please note – this program will combine with Commercial Construction/Management and change its title to “Carpentry Technology” as of the 21-22 school year.