- Learn about Interactive Media & Web Design, Photography & Digital Imaging, Digital Design/Print Media*, and Commercial Art* from experts in the field
- Fast-growing field
- Immediate job opportunities upon graduation
- *denotes programs accredited by the Council on Occupational Education – https://council.org/
What is the Visual Communications Center?
The Visual Communications consists of four full-day programs: Commercial Art, Digital Design & Print Media, Interactive Media & Web Design, Photography & Digital Imaging. Each program introduces students to skills need to meet entry level employment expectations in the student’s chosen field. All programs offer students the opportunity to experience cooperative education and internships in their chosen field of study, meaning that students can work out in the field during school day to get a better picture for what a day in the life of a person working in the visual communications field.
What You Will Learn
Learn the hands on skills to produce artwork, graphics, photos and interactive websites for the ever changing digital era of advertising and social media.
Our Programs Are Built for Success
Earn industry-recognized certifications and post-secondary credits through the SOAR program
Take advantage of trips into the field and experts coming to the classroom to share about the industry
Cap off your education with cooperative education experience, learning side by side in the field with professionals
Jobs & Other Opportunities
- Corporate /Agency Art Director
- Exhibit/Set Designer
- Interior Designer
- Interactive /Web Designer
- Package Designer
- Fashion Designer
- Graphic Designer
- Bindery Operator
- Customer Service Representative
- Digital Press Technician
- Estimator/Press Operator
- Pre-Press Technician
- Wide Format Operator
- Web Administrator
- Web Developer
- Applications Developer
- Ux/Ui Designer
- Multimedia Artist
- Computer Programmer
- Commercial Photographer
- Graphic Designer
- Industrial Photographer
- Photographic Finisher
- Photoshop Specialist
- Portrait Photographer
- Wedding Photographer
Success occurs every day. Read more about our recent successes on our News page.
Why Lancaster County CTC
- In many cases, students can earn between 3 and 13 college credits during their senior year.
- Depending on the program, students have the opportunity to participate in work-based learning (co-op).
- Students earn a diploma from their sending school AND a certificate of completion from the Lancaster County Career & Technology Center.
- Students can gain certain State and National certifications in their areas of expertise.
Programs Course Catalog
Interactive Media & Web Design
Program Goals All Visual Communications students will: Earn National Skills Certificates, i.e. National Occupational Competency Testing Institute (NOCTI) and PA Skills Certificates. Successfully transition into a 1st career job and/or... Read moreLearn More
Photography & Digital Imaging
Program Goals All Visual Communications Center students will: Successfully transition into a first career job and/or related post-secondary training. Be proficient in their career major and demonstrate proficiency through hands-on... Read moreLearn More
Digital Design/Print Media
Program Goals All Visual Communications Center students will: Earn National Skills Certificates, i.e. National Occupational Competency Testing Institute (NOCTI) and PA Skills Certificates. Successfully transition into a 1st career job... Read moreLearn More
Work directly with Advertising and Design Professionals. Experience the same hardware/software as professional illustrators, graphic designers, and art directors. Create high-impact art using traditional drawing tools and professional applications for advertising and marketing materials.Learn More