What is the Protective Services Academy?
The Protective Services program prepare individuals to apply technical knowledge and skills required to perform entry-level duties in law enforcement, firefighting, emergency medical services, and other public safety services. This program stresses the techniques, methods, and procedures specific to the areas of criminal justice, fire protection, and emergency medical services especially in emergency and disaster situations. Physical development and self-confidence skills are emphasized due to the nature of the specific occupation(s). In addition to the application of mathematics, communication, science, and physics students receive training in social and psychological skills, map reading, vehicle and equipment operations, the judicial system, firefighting, pre-hospital emergency medical care and appropriate emergency assessment, treatment and communication.
What You Will Learn
Learn procedures and skills in lifesaving emergency medical treatment, firefighting, rescue techniques, and law enforcement.
Our Programs Are Built for Success
Earn industry recongized certifications and post-secondary credits
Use the latest technology and equipment to practice skills--3 career fields in 1 program
Experienced instructors from the fields of law enforcement, firefighting, rescue, hazmat, and emergency medical services.
Jobs & Other Opportunities
- Emergency Medical Technician – EMT
- Police Officer
- Corrections Officer
- Emergency Management
- Public Safety Telecommunicator/Dispatcher
- Homeland Security
- Security Officer
Success occurs every day. Read more about our recent successes on our News page.
Why Lancaster County CTC
- In many cases, students can earn between 3 and 13 college credits during their senior year.
- Depending on the program, students have the opportunity to participate in work-based learning (co-op).
- Students earn a diploma from their sending school AND a certificate of completion from the Lancaster County Career & Technology Center.
- Students can gain certain State and National certifications in their areas of expertise.