- Learn about the Animal Production Science & Technology* and Veterinary Assistant* career fields from industry experts
- Learn hands-on with animals
- Teachers are industry experts
- Clinical and co-op experiences available
*denotes programs accredited by the Council on Occupational Education – https://council.org/
What is Agriscience?
Care, management, evaluation, training, grooming, treatment and marketing of animals in a variety of settings.
Our Programs Are Built for Success
Earn industry-recognized certifications and post-secondary credits through the SOAR program
Take advantage of trips into the field and experts coming to the classroom to share about the industry
Cap off your education with a clinical or cooperative education experience, learning side by side in the field with professionals
Jobs & Other Opportunities
- Agricultural Production Manager
- Farmer/Herd Manager
- Artificial Insemination Technician
- Dairy/Milk Processor
- Lab/Research Technician
- Poultry Service/Vaccination Technician
- Animal Caretaker
- Animal Intake Officer
- Animal Trainer
- Groomer Assistant
- Kennel Assistant
- Veterinary Assistant
- Veterinary Receptionist
Success occurs every day. Read more about our recent successes on our News Page.
Why Lancaster County CTC
- In many cases, students can earn between 3 and 13 college credits during their senior year.
- Depending on the program, students have the opportunity to participate in work-based learning (co-op).
- Students earn a diploma from their sending school AND a certificate of completion from the Lancaster County Career & Technology Center.
- Students can gain certain State and National certifications in their areas of expertise.
Programs Course Catalog
Animal Production Science & Technology
Program Goals All Agri-Science students will: Earn National Skills Certificates, i.e. National Occupational Competency Testing Institute (NOCTI) and PA Skills Certificates. Successfully transition into a 1st career job and/or related post-secondary... Read moreLearn More