Campus: Mount Joy | CIP Code: 48.0507
Instructor: Dave Tappany
Instructor: Sheet Metal Technology
Dave joined the LCCTC in 1988 as the Sheet Metal fabrication instructor and became the CTC’s Assistant Principal/ Coop Coordinator in 2008. Dave received the Outstanding PA Vocational Educator two times during his teaching career and was the instructor of several Skills USA State champions, including one US national Champion in 1998. Dave returned to the Sheet Metal classroom in 2016.
Dave is a Lancaster County native and has graduated from J.P. McCaskey high school, Stevens College of Technology (Commercial Sheet Metal), Millersville University (B.S. Ed. Technology Education), and Penn State University (M. Ed. Workforce Education). He holds certificates in K-12 Technology Education, Vocational, Supervisory, Coop, and Vocational Director.
In his spare time he is active with his children’s youth sports, and serves as an Assistant Scout Master for Troop 41. He participates in off road motorcycle racing and enjoys camping.
Career Focus Statement
Prepare for professional sheet metal fabricator careers, immediate employment, advanced certifications, apprenticeships, or further education.
All Advanced Manufacturing students will:
- Earn National Skills Certificates, i.e. National Occupational Competency Testing Institute (NOCTI) and PA Skills Certificates.
- Successfully transition into a 1st career job and/or related post-secondary training.
- Be proficient in their career major and demonstrate proficiency through hands-on performance and theoretical testing.
- Create and fabricate custom metal work.
- Build and troubleshoot advanced sheet metal systems.
- Operate state of the art metal-shaping equipment.
- CAD Layout/Detailer/Draftsman
- Custom Metal Worker
- Heavy Shear/Brake Operator
- HVAC Residential & Commercial Installer
- Layout Worker
- Metal Fabricator & Roofer
- Sheet Metal Installer
- Mechanic & Assembler
- Sheet Metal Production Worker
- Siding/Spouting Installer
- Structural Steel Worker