Campus: Mount Joy | CIP Code: 48.0501
Career Focus Statement
Prepare for professional precision metal technology careers, immediate employment, or further education.
All Advanced Manufacturing students will:
- Earn National Skills Certificates, i.e. National Occupational Competency Testing Institute (NOCTI) PA Skills Certificates and AWS SENSE Level 1 Certificate.
- Successfully transition into a 1st career job and/or related post-secondary training.
- Be proficient in their career major and demonstrate proficiency through hands-on performance and theoretical testing.
Every machine needs the skilled hand of a good operator. In the metal fabrication industry, you might find yourself working with a press brake to cut large sheets of metal to size before they go into the production line. You can operate a rolling machine to transform flat material into a specific curved configuration or angle roll the metal. Shearers cut material into specified shapes. The operator controls the process and makes sure that the work is up to company standards. The program will prepare students in the use of metal working, CNC machining and areas of welding for employment and post-secondary technical training.
- Computer Controlled Machine Tool Operator
- CNC Machine Tool Programmer
- Mechanical Engineer
- Industrial Engineer