Campus: Brownstown | CIP Code: 46.0503
Instructor: Eric Weiss
Eric Weiss has been in the plumbing industry for 20 years and is now passing along his years of knowledge and experience to high school seniors.
Plumbers fight stereotypes their entire careers. It is necessary to educate students to the fact that plumbers are far more than these stereotypes. Plumbers protect the health of the nation. The work we do is the basis of our entire society being able to both function smoothly as well as prosper.
Students in the Plumbing program learn a trade that will follow them anywhere in the world and will provide a lifetime of good income and satisfaction.
Career Focus Statement
Prepare for professional employment in the plumbing trade field and further education.
All Construction Technologies students will:
- Earn National Skills Certificates, i.e. National Occupational Competency Testing Institute (NOCTI) and PA Skills Certificates.
- Successfully transition into a 1st career job and/or related post-secondary training.
- Be proficient in their career major and demonstrate proficiency through hands-on performance and theoretical testing.
- Interact with plumbing industry experts.
- Perform plumbing systems installation in homes and businesses.
- Interpret and construct plumbing systems in homes and businesses.
- Commercial Plumbing Installer
- Maintenance & Service Plumber
- Pipe Fitter
- Plumbing Apprentice
- Plumbing Materials Sales
- Residential Plumbing Installer
- Sprinkling System Installer