Campus: Brownstown | CIP Code: 10.0399
Instructor: Daniel McCauley
Instructor: Digital Design/Print Media
Daniel McCauley began his career working in large format offset printing cigar boxes. Daniel has worked for many large and small printing entities as well as marketing/inplant departments where he was responsible for design, prepress, print and bindery. Daniel McCauley carries a Vocational Instructor II certificate in Graphic Communications. Presently attending Penn State University for Workforce Education.
Daniel also freelances as an artist in advertising and print. Daniel is married with two grown children who often call him “Dad.” Daniel also plays guitar for arguably the best band in the area.
Career Focus Statement
Prepare for further education and immediate employment in the graphics industry.
All Visual Communications Center students will:
- Earn National Skills Certificates, i.e. National Occupational Competency Testing Institute (NOCTI) and PA Skills Certificates.
- Successfully transition into a 1st career job and/or related post-secondary training.
- Be proficient in their career major and demonstrate proficiency through hands-on performance and theoretical testing.
- Work side by side with graphics industry professionals.
- Create projects and art works on state of the art equipment.
- Design printing works using various techniques.
- Bindery Operator
- Customer Service
- Digital Press Technician
- Duplicator Operator
- Folder Operator
- Multi-Color Press Operator
- Pre-press Technician
- Wide Format Operator
PrintED is a national accreditation program, aligned with industry standards, available to secondary and post-secondary schools offering graphic communications curricula.