Campus: Willow Street | CIP Code: 47.0613
Instructor: Marcel Myers
Instructor: Diesel Equipment Technology
Marcel Myers joined the LCCTC as the Diesel Technology instructor in 2017. He is a graduate of Ephrata high school, and an alumni of the LCCTC Diesel Technology program. Marcel is PA Safety Inspection and Emissions Certified and was formerly employed by Penske Truck Leasing in Reading, PA.
Born and raised in Ephrata, PA, Marcel currently resides in Newmanstown, PA where he enjoys working on vehicles, woodworking, hunting, fishing and spending time with friends and family in his free time.
Career Focus Statement
Prepare for employment in the medium and heavy duty truck transportation industry, further education, and military service.
All Transportation Technology students will:
- Earn National Skills Certificates, i.e. National Occupational Competency Testing Institute (NOCTI) and PA Skills Certificates.
- Successfully transition into a 1st career job and/or related post-secondary training.
- Be proficient in their career major and demonstrate proficiency through hands-on performance and theoretical testing.
- Use the same advanced diagnostic equipment and repair equipment as master technicians to troubleshoot and repair commercial vehicle systems.
- Perform preventative maintenance and inspection on medium- and heavy-duty trucks.
- Maintain and operate today’s high tech vehicle’s computer systems.
- Diesel Truck Line Mechanic
- Engine Specialist
- Equipment/Parts Salesperson
- Hydraulic Systems Specialist
- Industrial/Farm Equipment Mechanic
- Marine Mechanic
- Power Generation Mechanic
- Preventive Maintenance Mechanic
- Suspension/Driveline Specialist