Campus: Willow Street | CIP Code: 47.0613
Instructor: Dan Frey
Instructor: Diesel Equipment Technology
Dan became an instructor at LCCTC in February 1991. Prior to joining LCCTC, he gained experience in the industry working at Penske Truck Leasing.
Dan has two children and five grandchildren. He enjoys hunting & fishing and stays active with the Pennsylvania Motor Truck Association.
Career Focus Statement
Prepare for employment in the medium and heavy duty truck transportation industry, further education, and military service.
All Transportation Technology students will:
- Earn National Skills Certificates, i.e. National Occupational Competency Testing Institute (NOCTI) and PA Skills Certificates.
- Successfully transition into a 1st career job and/or related post-secondary training.
- Be proficient in their career major and demonstrate proficiency through hands-on performance and theoretical testing.
- Use the same advanced diagnostic equipment and repair equipment as master technicians to troubleshoot and repair commercial vehicle systems.
- Perform preventative maintenance and inspection on medium- and heavy-duty trucks.
- Maintain and operate today’s high tech vehicle’s computer systems.
- Diesel Truck Line Mechanic
- Engine Specialist
- Equipment/Parts Salesperson
- Hydraulic Systems Specialist
- Industrial/Farm Equipment Mechanic
- Marine Mechanic
- Power Generation Mechanic
- Preventive Maintenance Mechanic
- Suspension/Driveline Specialist