Campus: Brownstown | CIP Code: 15.1202
Instructor: Brian Beiler
Instructor: Computer Systems Technology
Mr. Beiler has been working with computers since he received his first Apple IIe back in 1986. He graduated from Penn State University in 1998 with degrees in Biology and Secondary Science Education. Since then, he has worked as a high school science teacher, and received his formal computer training at YTI-Mechanicsburg in 2008. After working for a while as a civilian contractor for the U.S. Navy, Mr. Beiler joined the CTC staff in December of 2009.
Mr. Beiler is married with three children. In his free time he referees high school athletics and tries to keep his home network running, while always on the prowl for bad grammar in Facebook posts.
Career Focus Statement
Prepare for professional advanced certification programs, immediate employment or further education.
All Computer Systems Technology students will:
- Earn National Skills Certificates, i.e. National Occupational Competency Testing Institute (NOCTI) and PA Skills Certificates.
- Successfully transition into a 1st career job and/or related post-secondary training.
- Be proficient in their career major and demonstrate proficiency through hands-on performance and theoretical testing.
- Build, upgrade, maintain and repair desktop and laptop computers.
- Design, install, and troubleshoot computer network configurations.
- Perform custom work for clients: individuals, schools, and businesses.
- Computer Consultative Salesperson
- Field Service Technician
- Industry Technician for PC Support
- Digital Home Technology Installer
- Network Administrator
- Repair Bench Technician
- Server Technician