Campus: Brownstown | CIP Code: 50.0402
Instructor: Christiaan Baird
Instructor: Commercial Art
Christiaan Baird is a graduate of Brigham Young University with a B.A. in Communications/Advertising. Presently attending Penn State University for M.Ed. in Workforce Education. Also a current adjunct instructor at the Pennsylvania College of Art & Design.
Now a full-time instructor, he also consults as a freelance art director and copywriter in environmental advertising, print and broadcast.
Career Focus Statement
Prepare for advanced placement in 2 or 4 year college programs.
All Visual Communications Center students will:
- Earn National Skills Certificates, i.e. National Occupational Competency Testing Institute (NOCTI) and PA Skills Certificates.
- Successfully transition into a 1st career job and/or related post-secondary training.
- Be proficient in their career major and demonstrate proficiency through hands-on performance and theoretical testing.
- Work directly with Advertising and Design Professionals.
- Experience the same hardware/software as professional illustrators, graphic designers, and art directors.
- Create high-impact art using traditional drawing tools and professional applications for advertising and marketing materials.
- Architectural Designer
- Corporate/Agency Art Director
- Design Studio Artist
- Desktop Publisher
- Exhibit/Set Designer
- Interactive/Web Designer
- Interior Designer
- Layout/Production Artist Package Designer
- Sign Designer
- Web Page Designer
- Fashion Designer
- Graphic Designer
PrintED is a national accreditation program, aligned with industry standards, available to secondary and post-secondary schools offering graphic communications curricula.