Campus: Willow Street | CIP Code: 47.0603
Instructor: Arlin Buckwalter
Instructor: Collision Repair
Arlin Buckwalter is not only a PA certified Instructor for Collision Repair Technology and ASE industry certified, but is also a 1979 completer of the Auto Body program here at Willow Street. After spending 8 years working in body shops and learning extensively the tasks involved on collision repair, he came to us as an instructor able to share his knowledge of the industry.
He is excited about the opportunity to teach seniors in high school the necessary tasks in order to be successful men and women in the collision repair world. From estimating, planning, and tear down, to the repair and replacement of panels and finishing up with his personal favorite, refinishing.
Career Focus Statement
Prepare for immediate employment and further education in the collision repair field.
All Transportation Technology students will:
- Earn National Skills Certificates, i.e. National Occupational Competency Testing Institute (NOCTI) and PA Skills Certificates.
- Successfully transition into a 1st career job and/or related post-secondary training.
- Be proficient in their career major and demonstrate proficiency through hands-on performance and theoretical testing.
- Perform necessary processes using state of the art welding, refinishing, and painting equipment.
- Diagnose damage and estimate repairs to frame, unibody and suspension.
- Experience the thrill of repairing real vehicles to a pre-accident condition.
- Automotive Parts Salesperson
- Body Shop Supplies Salesperson
- Collision Technician
- Custom Accessories Installer
- Glass Installer