Career Focus Statement
Prepare for college, registered nurse, and/or licensed practical nurse program, other healthcare areas, or for immediate employment in the healthcare field.
All Health Care students will:
- Earn National Skills Certificates, i.e. National Occupational Competency Testing Institute (NOCTI) and PA Skills Certificates.
- Successfully transition into a 1st career job and/or related post-secondary training.
- Be proficient in their career major and demonstrate proficiency through hands-on performance and theoretical testing.
- Be a driving force on a professional healthcare team delivering high quality patient care.
- Deliver basic patient care and perform therapeutic and diagnostic procedures in a hospital setting, physician’s office or home health agency.
- Practice ethical standards, confidentiality, and professionalism when interacting with patients, clients and co-workers.
- ECG/EKG Technician
- Patient Care Assistant – Acute Care
- Pharmacist Assistant