Campus: Brownstown | CIP Code: 48.0703
Instructor: Mike Dodson
Instructor: Cabinetmaking & Wood Technology
Mr. Dodson began teaching Millwork and Cabinetmaking at LCCTC in 1989. From classroom to Project Supervisor, nearly half of his career was devoted to coordinating students of the construction programs at the house building projects and other community projects which offered hands-on experience. Now back in the classroom, Mr. Dodson brings over 40 years of cabinetmaking expertise to his students and encourages team work and a love for quality woodwork.
As a graduate of Manheim Township, Mr. Dodson was one of the first to take advantage of Lancaster’s new technical school, formally known as the Vo-Tech. He also holds a Vocational Instructional II from Penn State.
Students with creative hands also possess a skilled mind that can translate technology into a future for themselves and their community. The world will forever have a need for these technical skills. Cabinetmaking can be a fulfilling and rewarding career which can successfully transform the novice woodworker to business owner.
Career Focus Statement
Prepare for a professional career in the wood working industry, immediate employment, or further education.
All Cabinetmaking & Wood Technology students will:
- Earn National Skills Certificates, i.e. National Occupational Competency Testing Institute (NOCTI) and PA Skills Certificates
- Successfully transition into a 1st career job and/or related post-secondary training
- Be proficient in their career major and demonstrate proficiency through hands-on performance and theoretical testing
- Manufacture custom furniture, cabinetry and millwork
- Operate state-of-the-art industrial machinery, computer controlled equipment, hand and power tools
- Earn valuable industry certifications in safety, tools, and equipment operations
- Cabinetmaker and Installer
- Furniture Maker/Refinisher
- Kitchen Installer
- Woodworking Machinery Operator