Campus: Willow Street | CIP Code: 47.0604
Instructor: Alan Wakefield
Instructor: Automotive Technology
Alan L Wakefield is a graduate of Penn Manor High School class of ’82, also graduating from the Willow St Vo-tech Auto Mechanics Program.
He has 30 years experience as an Automotive Technician, and is an ASE Certified Master Technician with L1 cert.
Alan spent 5 years part-time at HACC teaching nighttime/daytime classes for the Automotive Technology program and is a certified Pa State Inspection & Pa Emission Inspection Instructor. He joined the LCCTC as an instructor for the Adult Education part-time evening Auto Technology classes for one year. On Aug 18, 2015, he became the Full-time Automotive Technology Instructor at the LCCTC.
Alan is married with two children.
Career Focus Statement
Prepare for professional automotive certifications, immediate employment, and further education.
All Transportation Technology students will:
- Earn National Skills Certificates, i.e. National Occupational Competency Testing Institute (NOCTI) and PA Skills Certificates.
- Successfully transition into a 1st career job and/or related post-secondary training.
- Be proficient in their career major and demonstrate proficiency through hands-on performance and theoretical testing.
- Work side by side with experienced Automotive Technicians.
- Experience the thrill of diagnosing today’s vehicle’s complex computer programs and mechanical systems.
- Develop the skills needed to become a part of the Automotive Technology Team!
- Automotive Inspection Technician
- Automotive Maintenance Technician
- General Repair Technician
- Entry Level Transmission Technician
- Entry Level Drivability Technician