Campus: Brownstown | CIP Code: 15.1303
Instructor: Dave Ecenrode
Instructor: Architectural CAD/Design
Dave Ecenrode has been a teacher since 2001. Dave’s prior work experience includes working as a Draftsmen at JC Snavely & Sons and Webber/Smith & Sons, and a Designer/Project Manager at Design Unlimited and Dale Building Designs. Dave earned his Associate degree in Architectural Technology from Thaddeus Stevens College of Technology in 1984, his Bachelors degree in Workforce Education from Penn State University in 2010, and his Masters in Education and Principals Certification from Cabrini College in 2012. He received his Certified Professional Builder Designer certification from NCBDC in 1990.
Dave was awarded a national “Design Award of Excellence” from the American Institute of Building Design from a design entry he submitted in the national design competition. He has served as a Skills USA Advisor for the past 11 years, and served on the state board of directors for Skills USA from 2009-2012. Dave has had 2 Skills USA national medalist in Architectural Drafting, first and third place in the past 9 years! He has also sent a student to the national competition in Architectural Drafting the past 9 years straight.
Career Focus Statement
Prepare for a professional career in an architectural design industry, immediate employment, and further education.
All Construction Technologies students will:
- Earn National Skills Certificates, i.e. National Occupational Competency Testing Institute (NOCTI) and PA Skills Certificates.
- Successfully transition into a 1st career job and/or related post-secondary training.
- Be proficient in their career major and demonstrate proficiency through hands-on performance and theoretical testing.
- Work with experienced home and building designers.
- Create, design and produce complex working drawings from conception to completion.
- Use advanced state of the art software and hardware identical to what professional architects and engineers use.
- Architectural Drafter
- Architectural Illustrator
- CAD Drafter
- Entry Level Drafter
- Structural Drafter