Full-time, Part-time Position, Available on: 2022-03-25
Medical Assistants provide clinical support services to patients at a provider’s office under the supervision and direction of a provider and/or licensed nurse. Patient care includes care to patients in following age group: pediatric (infant to 12 years), adolescent (13 to 17 years), adult (18 to 64 years) and geriatric (over 64 years).
LOCATION: Lancaster, PA
HOURS: Part Time (8hrs/per week) Monday and Thursday evening 4pm – 8p
SIGN ON BONUS! (external applicants only)
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
· Prepares patient for visit by using appropriate rooming standards tool.
· Administers injections, as prescribed by provider and in accordance with practice protocol. Provides gross observations to the provider or licensed nurse for interpretation as necessary.
· Prepares and administers medications as prescribed by the provider and in accordance with federal and state regulations.
· Prepares and assists providers with various procedures, minor surgeries and other exams as designated by the provider.
· Performs Point of Care Testing, including but not limited to hearing, flu, urine and strep tests.
· Removes sutures and changes dressings on wounds as necessary.
· Provides clinical advice by phone/electronic correspondence in accordance with established triage protocols and relays information to the patient. Consults a provider or licensed nurse with questions or information that fall outside of the established protocols.
· Authorizes prescription refills as directed by the provider.
· Assists in test tracking and monitoring overdue results.
· Assures exam rooms are adequately supplied and cleaned after each patient visit. Maintains and cleans medical instruments and equipment after each procedure.
· Assists with proactive outreach for patients requiring preventive and chronic disease services.
· Performs care coordination activities among specialists and transitions of care to obtain all necessary patient information.
· Assists in the coordination of referrals, education and community resources.
· Actively participates in performance improvement initiatives to improve overall patient experience and quality of care.
· Participates in daily huddles with the provider.
· Serves as a patient experience advocate by being a positive influence at all times when interacting with patients, visitors, and colleagues. Communicates with all patients, visitors and colleagues in a professional manner while keeping customer service a top priority.
· Handles all patient information in a confidential manner according to Lancaster General Health privacy and confidentiality policies and procedures.
For Regional Positions:
· Travels regularly to various sites within the region to support operational needs as listed above.
· Assists at new practices and sites by mentoring and leading other team members during the initial onboarding period.
· Special projects as assigned.
SECONDARY FUNCTIONS: The following duties are considered secondary to the primary duties listed above:
· Performs various front office responsibilities as necessary.
· Other duties as assigned.
Company: Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health
555 North Duke St.
Contact: Melissa Berry