Full-time, Permanent Position, Available on: 2023-11-15
The Maintenance Supervisor is responsible for the maintenance of all machines within the building including the forklifts. They will be responsible for following up with Machine Operators about preventative maintenance and educating them on these procedures as well as supervising forklift operator’s daily checks.
The Maintenance Supervisor plays an integral part in the safety management at Phoenix/Packaging, Inc. and will hold a seat on the Safety Committee. They will work closely with the Safety Committee to accomplish their goals.
They will be responsible for all maintenance on the property, whether it be hydraulic, mechanical or electrical.
-Responsible for the maintenance of the plant, production, facility, and grounds of Phoenix/Packaging.
– Requires hands-on attention to machines.
– Understanding and knowledge of electrical systems, pneumatic systems, hydraulic systems, including but not limited to the full functionality of machine operations and power and related support systems.
– Machines run from 1957 to 2022.
– Understanding and managing the safe operations of hazardous repairs and machine operations.
– Compliance and training in hazardous materials-LOCK OUT/TAG OUT-, and all other Department of Labor, Department of Transportation, and OSHA compliance requirements.
– Working in conjunction with the safety committee and chairman-as a member and maintenance supervisor- to ensure the safe operations of all machines – and compliance throughout the workplace and grounds.
– Organizing and maintaining the maintenance department- including but not limited to tools, reports, manuals and contractor reports.
– Working with management on contractor support systems and calls, including bidding outside job requirements.
– Ensuring outside contractors abide by the safety and policies of Phoenix Packaging while on the premises. Including paperwork work- insurance- non-disclosures – lock out tag out- and all safe practices.
– Document and maintain records of outside contractors
– Document and maintain records of preventive maintenance programs specific to each machine
– Train operators and crews on preventive maintenance of specific machine
– Monitor and Audit operators’ compliance
– Maintain safe and continuous operations of all production equipment in the facility.
– Maintain and ensure continuous and safe operations of all the power sources in the facility- including air, electric, hydraulics, and any other power source.
– Update and maintain training upon employment on:
b. Tow motors/forklifts and any other such in plant vehicle
c. All safety programs- including but not limited to LOCK OUT/TAG OUT, lifting, personal protection products, hazardous materials, dust, and any other safety issue pertaining to operations within the facility.
– Participate in and Meet with Safety Chair within five days of employment to go over Phoenix safety program and committee- and develop a coordinated plan of maintenance safety and protocols.
– Develop Cost Benefit Analytics to supply management on new projects as prioritized.
– When supplied with staff, delegate and supervise their responsibilities, and ensure they are appropriately trained in the safety and appropriate procedures of any functions they are participating in.
– Prioritize maintenance projects – keeps weekly progression reports.
– Available to work “on call” as necessary for breakdowns to minimize and eliminate machine downtimes.
– Any and all other responsibilities and actions that maybe required at the discretion of plant management based on production requirements- including but not limited to sump house maintenance- fleet maintenance- grounds maintenance.
• Organizational Skills
• Technical Aptitude
• Sense of Urgency
• Attention to detail
• Time Management
• Proficient Communication Skills, Math Skills and Computer Skills
• Highly Motivated and Self-Managed
Experience in Corrugated Fiberboard (Corrugated Box Manufacturing) Operations IS REQUIRED (1 year minimum)
This position requires self-supervisory skills. Individual reports directly to the Operations Manager.
Job Types & Schedule
Full-time (full-time defined by Phoenix/Packaging, Inc. is 40 hours per wk., 52 week per yr.), Monday-Friday 6 am-2:30 pm, some flexibility allowed, overtime is available (voluntary and mandatory)
This position starts at $25. Negotiable based on experience.
• Health, dental, and vision, and life insurance after 90 days of full-time employment
• 401k with employer matching after 1 year of full-time employment
• Paid holidays after 6 months of full-time employment
• Vacation days (5 days after 1 yr. full-time employment, 10 days after 2 yr. full-time employment)
• Employee luncheons/monthly activities
• Bonuses for hitting sales goals
• Opportunity for growth, promotions, and/or increases!
Phoenix/Packaging is an equal opportunity employer.
Company: Phoenix/Packaging, Inc.
1160 East Main Street, Mount Joy, PA 17552
Contact: Jennifer Jessup