- Over 95% annual average rate of LCCTC Practical Nursing students passing board exams on the first attempt
- Named one of the top Practical Nursing schools in the state by Nursing Schools Almanac
- 13 Month and 20 Month programs available
- Approved by PA State Board of Nursing, Accredited by Commission of Council on Occupational Education
- Multi-Site Clinical Practice Affiliate
- Multi-experience Simulation lab with fully automated manikins, multiple non-automated manikins, computer aided introduction to intravenous skills.
- Practical Nursing at the Lancaster County CTC is accredited by the Council on Occupational Education – https://council.org/
What is the Practical Nursing Program
Mission Statement: The mission of the Practical Nursing Program is to prepare individuals for skilled, innovative, and productive careers as a practical nurse.
What You Will Learn: Students, under guidance of a registered nurse, licensed physician or dentist, will learn the skills to provide care to clients throughout the life span. Students will have the ability to demonstrate their skills and knowledge in our nursing lab, simulations lab, clinical sites, and in the classroom.
What You Will Accomplish: Students will be prepared to perform nursing care safely and effectively in many Healthcare settings. Student will be able to fulfill the community need for practical nursing, as it is expected to continue to grow at a rate of 16% until 2025. Upon graduation students will be ready to start their careers in this high demand field.
Practical Nursing Advantage
High Patient Interaction
LPNs interact to a great degree and provide direct care to their patients.
LPN jobs will continue to grow by 16% through 2025. The aging Baby Boomer generation will cause high demand for LPNs for decades.
"Bridge" to your Future
LPN programs like the LCCTC can be part of an overall “bridge” program that allows LPNs to continue their education toward a two- or four-year RN degree at another institution.
Jobs & Other Opportunities
Graduates can expect to enter a favorable job market with positions available in hospitals, nursing homes, doctor offices, and more.
Why Lancaster County CTC
LPN’s can expect to earn $42,880 per year and have much to look forward to as 90% of LPN’s report enjoying their career in nursing. In PA, there is a 6% shortage of LPNs.
Programs Course Catalog
1605 Hours/13 Months/48 Weeks (Daytime Program); 1605 Hours/20 Months/72 Weeks (Evening Program)
Prepare to perform nursing care safely and effectively under the guidance of a registered nurse, licensed physician or dentist within many settings where nursing takes place. Requirements: High school transcript... Read moreLearn More
Why Lancaster County CTC
Your return on investment (ROI) is as important to you as it is for us. We are incredibly proud of our competitive tuition rate, and completion rate.
The Lancaster County Career & Technology Center has been recognized as one of the best two-year trade schools in the USA by Forbes Magazine!
Affordable hands on education opportunities with some of the best tuition rates in the region.
Small Class Size
Build personal relationships with instructors and classmates with small class sizes dedicated to your education.