Our Dual Enrollment program gives qualified high school juniors and seniors the opportunity to receive high school and LCCTC Post-Secondary credit at the same time.
Your high school must recommend you for the program, and you must meet course prerequisites through LCCTC’s entrance testing. Seats are limited in these programs.
Why should I participate?
- Fulfill high school graduation requirements. The credits you earn may satisfy high school graduation requirements. These course credits also become part of your permanent LCCTC record. Your LCCTC credits may count towards the corresponding LCCTC program or may transfer to your receiving school.
- Experience Higher Education setting and ease your transition from high school to Higher Education. Classes consist of Dual Enrollment students and traditional LCCTC Adult students.
- Become familiar with the Post- Secondary class format. You will also learn how to manage your time.
What are my next steps to participate in Dual Enrollment?
- Print the Technical Institute in the High School and Dual Enrollment Application (pdf) and complete it with your high school or LCCTC counselor.
- Submit your application and high school transcript to your assigned LCCTC counselor.
- Receive an acceptance letter from LCCTC.
- Follow the admissions steps for the higher education institution using our online portal (Achademix).
- Complete entrance testing at a LCCTC campus. Details will be provided by your LCCTC counselor, including your enrollment form.
- Pay the required fees once you receive a bill from LCCTC. Deadlines for tuition are available online.
- Attend new student orientation at your LCCTC campus. Orientation will be scheduled by your Admissions Advisor.
Click here to view information on Entrance Testing
If you have additional questions, please contact your counselor.