December 9, 2019 to November 30, 2020
The Lancaster County Career & Technology Center is governed by a Joint Operating Committee (JOC), comprised of one representative from each of the 16 public school districts in Lancaster County. Monthly JOC meetings are the fourth Thursday of the month at 7:00 p.m. unless otherwise noted.
The current officers of the board are:
- JOC CHAIR – Mr. Millard Eppig, Warwick School District
- JOC VICE CHAIR – Mr. Craig Hummer, Elizabethtown Area School District
- JOC SECRETARY – Mr. Richard Brenner, Cocalico School District
- JOC ASSISTANT SECRETARY – Ms. Joyce Stephens, Manheim Township School District
- JOC TREASURER – Mr. James Byrnes, Lampeter-Strasburg School District
The current members of the board are:
- Sandra Duncan, Columbia Borough School District
- John Smucker, Conestoga Valley School District
- Debra Sturgis, Donegal School District
- Dina Maio, Eastern Lancaster County School District
- Tim Stayer, Ephrata Area School District
- Grant Keener, Hempfield School District
- Mara Creswell McGrann, School District of Lancaster
- Leonard Szpara, Manheim Central School District
- Christopher Straub, Penn Manor School District
- Tim Malloy, Pequea Valley School District
- Chip Roten, Solanco School District
Due to the disaster emergency declaration by Governor Wolf and to safeguard the school community, the Lancaster County Career & Technology Center Joint Operating Committee will hold a virtual meeting. The link to view this meeting will be posted here, by 6 p.m. on the day of the meeting.
For the current month’s agenda, please click on the link below:
PUBLIC PARTICIPATION – Lancaster County residents, any center employee, any center student, or anyone having a legitimate interest in a contemplated action of the Joint Operating Committee may submit comments to be read during the public comment portion of the meeting by filling out the public comment form, available here from 5:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. on the day of the meeting. The citizens’ comment portion of the agenda is for comments only and is not a question-and-answer session. Submissions should be able to be read within the three (3) minute speaking time limit.
Please note the following addendum Policy 006.1: “COVID-19 Emergency Exception – Notwithstanding any contrary provision in this policy, a majority of Joint Operating Committee members shall be able to attend any public meeting of the Joint Operating Committee through electronic communications that are scheduled during the time covered by the Governor’s disaster emergency declaration to combat the continued spread of COVID-19 pandemic, or September 1, 2020, whichever time period is longer. During this time period, the Joint Operating Committee may authorize the administration to utilize available technical resources to permit the public to observe and/or participate in public meetings remotely in order to comply with federal and state guidance that discourages large group meetings during the COVID-19 pandemic. The Administrative Director shall post on the LCCTC’s official website when and how public meetings may observed remotely by the public.”