The School Counseling Department at Lancaster County Career & Technology Center strives to support our diverse student population. Through advocacy of Career and Technical Education, Students Occupationally and Academically Ready (SOAR), promotion of our workforce ready initiatives, and counseling best practices we prepare our students for career and college readiness. We embed solution focused counseling, guidance lesson plans, career exploration, and social/emotional growth initiatives in order to cultivate an equitable and safe school climate.
The Lancaster County Career & Technology Center Counseling Department Believes:
- We must collaborate with key stakeholders, sending school districts, post-secondary institutions, employers, and mental health agencies for the overall success of our students.
- We must counsel thoughtfully as social justice advocates in order to empower our students.
- We must reflect on our data collection and review it annually to implement school counselor best practices through our K-12 Guidance plan.
- We must actively engage in introspection and professional growth opportunities to promote ASCA standards.
Contact a School Counselor:
Dr. Benjamin Stiles-Brownstown
Mrs. Leslie Schlosser- Mount Joy
Mrs. Amy Keith- Willow Street
Mrs. Carolyn Daneker
Willow Street- 717-653-3000 x7080
Ms. Ami Gallo
Mount Joy – 717 653-3000 x7064
Brownstown – 717-859-5100 x5110
Mental Health Resources:
- What Students Need in Times of Tragedy
- Surviving the Loss of a Parent
- Supporting Chidren and Teens Suicide
- Sudden Death-Understanding the Situation
- Strategies to Help Children Teens Cope with Anxiety After Losspdf
- Signs that a Child Needs Professional Help
- How to Help a Grieving Friend
- Helping Children Understand Suicide
- Helping Children Cope When a Loved one has Chronic Illness
- Developmental Stages of Grieving Children
- Coping with Sudden Death