This page compiles information regarding the reopening of the Lancaster County Career & Technology Center for the 2020-2021 school year. Please visit this page for the latest official LCCTC information concerning reopening. All information is subject to change.
UPDATE – October 9:
The Lancaster County CTC is closing the Willow Street, Mount Joy, and Brownstown high school campuses early today with a planned reopening on Tuesday, October 13. Students should report back to school at their regular time on Tuesday, October 13, unless otherwise informed by the LCCTC. Non-essential CTC staff and faculty should remain at home and work remotely wherever possible. The shutdown does not apply to Practical Nursing at the Health Science campus and the Commercial Driver’s Training Center at Mount Joy.
UPDATE – October 8:
Students and Staff – please be sure to continue to monitor your daily health for the signs and symptoms of infection. Information on symptoms of infection can be found on the last page of the Health and Safety Plan. Click here to view the plan.
UPDATE – September 3:
The Lancaster County Career & Technology Center has been informed that one of our students has a confirmed diagnosis of Covid-19. We have followed the appropriate requirements that are in place for this eventuality. Click here for details.
UPDATE – August 21:
The Lancaster County CTC has released details on start and end times for students who will be driving, or being dropped off at school, on a daily basis. Click here for details.
UPDATE – August 17:
- The latest directive from DOH and PDE requires that “students wear face coverings at all times while in school, even when six feet of social distancing can be achieved.” This “order applies to all students, staff and visitors age two and older.” According to the information from PDE, there are few exceptions and accommodations. Click here to view details of the changes to the mask order.
UPDATE – August 5:
- The Joint Operating Committee approved the Health and Safety Plan for Reopening on August 3. The current plan can be viewed here.
- The LCCTC will mail a letter to homes summarizing the approved reopening plan as soon as possible. A link to the same letter will also be emailed to students and families.
- The Letter to Students can be viewed here as well.
Summary of Current LCCTC Reopening Plan:
- Based upon our county’s current “green” status, the LCCTC plans to open for in-person classes in the fall.
- LCCTC’s reopening plan will be a living document adapting as necessary to provide a plan for reopening that utilizes updated information specific to the time period of reopening. As a Career and Technical institute with a heavy emphasis in hands on instruction, it is important to note that the work of a CTC makes it impossible to provide an environment that would totally eliminate risk for COVID-19; however, we will strive to reduce the spread. In order to be effective as a community, this commitment of safety practices will take the partnership of all stakeholders (students, staff, parents, community) to follow basic guidelines and procedures and to self-report when exposed or symptomatic. As detailed and defined as this plan is, no plan will eliminate all risk.