This page compiles information regarding the reopening of the Lancaster County Career & Technology Center for the 2020-2021 school year. Please visit this page for the latest official LCCTC information concerning reopening. All information is subject to change.
UPDATE – August 5:
- The Joint Operating Committee approved the Health and Safety Plan for Reopening on August 3. The current plan can be viewed here.
- The LCCTC will mail a letter to homes summarizing the approved reopening plan as soon as possible. A link to the same letter will also be emailed to students and families.
- The Letter to Students can be viewed here as well.
Summary of Current LCCTC Reopening Plan:
- Based upon our county’s current “green” status, the LCCTC plans to open for in-person classes in the fall.
- LCCTC’s reopening plan will be a living document adapting as necessary to provide a plan for reopening that utilizes updated information specific to the time period of reopening. As a Career and Technical institute with a heavy emphasis in hands on instruction, it is important to note that the work of a CTC makes it impossible to provide an environment that would totally eliminate risk for COVID-19; however, we will strive to reduce the spread. In order to be effective as a community, this commitment of safety practices will take the partnership of all stakeholders (students, staff, parents, community) to follow basic guidelines and procedures and to self-report when exposed or symptomatic. As detailed and defined as this plan is, no plan will eliminate all risk.