Campus: Willow Street | CIP Code: 51.2604
Instructor: Florence Batten
Instructor: Sports Medicine/Rehabilitation Technician
Florence Batten joined the LCCTC in 2015. Prior to LCCTC, she worked as Certified Athletic Trainer for 10 years, working both in the clinical setting and also the secondary setting.
Florence received her Bachelors in Athletic Training from East Stroudsburg University and her Masters in Exercise Science from East Stroudsburg University. She is a member of the National Athletic Trainers Association and the Pennsylvania Athletic Trainer’s Association.
Flo lives in New Holland, PA with her dog, Henry.
Career Focus Statement
Prepare for further education and a professional career in the sports medicine and rehabilitation fields.
All Sports Medicine/Rehabilitation Technician students will:
- Earn National Skills Certificates, i.e. National Occupational Competency Testing Institute (NOCTI) and PA Skills Certificates.
- Successfully transition into a 1st career job and/or related post-secondary training.
- Be proficient in their career major and demonstrate proficiency through hands-on performance and theoretical testing.
- Motivate students to continue their education in fields such as athletic training, physical therapy, occupational therapy, sports medicine and other related fields.
- Performs a wide variety of duties with other professionals to aid in the successful treatment of patients.
- Strive to be a driving force on a professional healthcare team to deliver high-quality patient care.
- Physical Therapy Aide
- Occupational Aide