Campus: Health Sciences Campus | CIP Code: 51.3901
Enrolling for September day & evening classes.
Prepare individuals for skilled, innovative and productive careers as a practical nurse (LPN).
All Practical Nursing students will:
- Utilize the nursing process in meeting the needs of clients with common well-defined problems correlating theoretical knowledge to clinical practice.
- Adhere to the legal and ethical standards of the nursing profession.
- Communicate effectively with all members of the health care team.
- Recognize individual responsibility to continue professional development.
- Integrates theory, practice and hands-on experience.
- Builds on mastery of concepts, progressing from basic to complex.
- Real-world experience in clinical nursing situations.
Practical nurses are utilized in:
- Nursing Homes
- Veterans Administration Hospitals
- Rehabilitation Facilities
- Home Health Care
- Private Duty
- Schools & Industry
- Doctor’s offices
- United States Army