Campus: Brownstown | CIP Code: 50.0406
Instructor: John Samson
Instructor: Photography & Digital Imaging
As a Hempfield High School graduate, John Samson took four years of photography in high school. He continued his education at Antonelli Institute receiving an associate degree in photography. Later, he acquired a desk-top certificate at Pennsylvania College of Art & Design for Graphic Art & Design & Pre-press Technology. John is currently enrolled at Penn State for his undergraduate’s degree. As a full-time Commercial advertising photographer for over thirty years, he has the pleasure of working with many facets clients, ranging from Arco-Chemical to UPS.
John owned and operated a Commercial studio in Lancaster County and currently teaches full time at LCCTC, Brownstown Campus as the Photography & Digital Imaging instructor.
Career Focus Statement
Prepare for employment in the professional photography industry and further education.
All Visual Communications Center students will:
- Earn National Skills Certificates, i.e. National Occupational Competency Testing Institute (NOCTI) and PA Skills Certificates.
- Successfully transition into a 1st career job and/or related post-secondary training.
- Be proficient in their career major and demonstrate proficiency through hands-on performance and theoretical testing.
- Shoot photos like a professional photographer.
- Creatively enhance photos with Adobe Photoshop.
- Work side by side with established industry professionals.
- Commercial Photographer
- Graphic Designer
- Industrial Photographer
- Photographic Finisher
- Photoshop Specialist
- Portrait Photographer
- Wedding Photographer