Career Focus Statement
Prepare for a professional electro-mechanical engineering career, employment, or further education.
Courses focus on the skills required for people who are interested in industrial mechanical and maintenance, and electro-mechanical trade areas, also known as Mechatronics. This program is recognized by the Industrial Maintenance Training Center of Pennsylvania as a Certified Level 1 provider of Advanced Manufacturing for Integrated Systems Technology (AMIST) curriculum. The program includes courses in operation, set-up, maintenance, trouble-shooting and repair of machines and systems commonly found in manufacturing.
The program is geared toward incumbent workers. Courses are a combination of textbook, online e-learning and hands-on training in the lab. The online portion of each course can be completed anywhere there is internet access.
As students work through the textbook and online training, they meet weekly with an instructor to practice skills in the lab. Industry trained instructors facilitate the hands-on learning and assess student progress.
- Students earn Advanced Manufacturing/Integrated Systems Technology (AMIST) certificates based on successful completion of course material.
- Assessments are available, allowing companies to develop individual training plans based on specific skill gaps.
- Part-Time Lab Hours, Monday 4-6pm, Tuesday 5-9 pm, Wednesday 12-7 pm
- Engineering Technician
- Electro-Mechanical Technician
- Industrial Engineering Technician
- Industrial Maintenance Technician
- Industrial Automation Technician