Career Focus Statement
Prepare for a professional career as a dental lab technician or for further education as an expanded-function dental assistant or dentist.
Program Goals & Description
- Interact with dental professionals to develop the skills needed to use impressions, or molds to create crowns, bridges, dentures, and other dental appliances.
- Use a variety of high-tech materials, such as ceramics, plastics and metal alloys for fixed restorations (crowns and bridges).
- Learn to capture and recreate both the perfection and the imperfection of the patient’s teeth.
- Commercial Dental Laboratories
- Dental Schools
- Dental Prosthetic Material Companies