Campus: Brownstown | CIP Code: 46.0408
Instructor: Sam Betancourt
Instructor: Painting, Ceramic Tile & Vinyl
Samuel Betancourt graduated from the Painting & Decorating program at the Lancaster County Career & Technology Center’s Mount Joy campus in 1986. He worked in the painting field until 1993, when he became an instructor for the LCCTC’s Construction Cluster. At that time, the cluster program rotated between all 3 campuses. Sam began teaching the full day program in 1998 and is the current Painting, Ceramic Tile & Vinyl instructor.
Career Focus Statement
Prepare for immediate employment, apprenticeship, and further education in the painting and flooring field.
All Construction Technologies students will:
- Earn National Skills Certificates, i.e. National Occupational Competency Testing Institute (NOCTI) and PA Skills Certificates.
- Successfully transition into a 1st career job and/or related post-secondary training.
- Be proficient in their career major and demonstrate proficiency through hands-on performance and theoretical testing.
- Apply professional painting skills to provide property upgrades.
- Install ceramic tile and vinyl flooring utilizing professional hand and power tools.
- Operate various types of “state of the art” spray equipment.
- Cabinet & Wood Product Finisher
- Ceramic Tile or Vinyl Installer
- Drywall Installer & Finisher
- Estimator/Measuring, Quoting Prices
- Interior Decorating Consultant/Salesperson
- Painter or Paperhanger
- Sales Representative – flooring, paint