Career Focus Statement
Prepare individuals for skilled, innovative and productive careers as Medical Administrative Professionals.
This program provides the student the opportunity to:
- Understand medical reimbursement and coding skills.
- Learn the skills utilized in medical reimbursement and coding.
- Preparation to take Certified Professional Coder (CPC) certification exam recognized by the American Academy of Professional Coders (AAPC)
The Certificate in Medical Coding Specialist is designed to build a sequence of medical reimbursement and coding-related courses to satisfy a specific skill for employment. This program is intended to provide a strong foundation in medical reimbursement and coding. The skills acquired include scheduling patients, preparing patient records, managing financial matters, handling insurance arrangements, and processing correspondence. The student is trained to assist doctors and patients administratively in physician’s offices, clinics, and hospitals, laboratories or other health service areas.
- Medical Billing Clerks
- Medical Records Clerks
- Medical Office Coders
- Medical Office Assistants
- Medical Office Managers
- Medical Application Support Specialists
- Health Unit Coordinators
- Medical Office Support