Campus: Willow Street / Neighborhood Services (Adults Only) | CIP Code: 51.0707
Instructor: Holly Maisano
Instructor: Medical Administrative Assistant
Holly Maisano is a Certified Medical Assistant through the American Association of Medical Assistants. She received her Associates degree in Specialized Business from Central Pennsylvania College and eventually earned her Vocational II Instructional Certificate from Penn State University. Holly is currently pursing a BS in Workforce Education through Penn State University.
After her eight-year career as a Medical Assistant in various doctors’ offices in York and Carroll Counties, Holly decided it was time for a change of scenery and a new challenge in her career, so she and her family moved to Lancaster County, where she began teaching at Lancaster County Career & Technology Center in 2004. She was honored to receive the award of PAVESNP Outstanding Vocational Special Needs Teacher of the Year in 2009.
In addition to teaching, Holly enjoys volunteering at her sons’ school, being active in their sports teams, and spending quality time with friends and family. She is also an enthusiastic Baltimore Ravens fan! She currently resides in Mountville with her two sons Ryan & Connor.
Career Focus Statement
Prepare for immediate employment as a medical administrative assistant and further healthcare education.
All Health Care students will:
- Earn National Skills Certificates, i.e. National Occupational Competency Testing Institute (NOCTI) and PA Skills Certificates.
- Successfully transition into a 1st career job and/or related post-secondary training.
- Be proficient in their career major and demonstrate proficiency through hands-on performance and theoretical testing.
- Perform computerized medical office operations in scheduling, billing, and medical records.
- Be a driving force on a professional healthcare team by delivering high quality customer service while performing clerical and other administrative duties in medical centers, physician offices, and hospitals.
- Practice ethical standards, confidentiality, and professionalism when interacting with patients, coworkers, and other medical professionals.
- Medical Coding Specialist
- Medical Insurance/Reimbursement Specialist
- Medical Records Technician
- Medical Scheduler
- Medical Secretary
- Medical Transcriptionist/Editor
- Patient Registration