This course provides both theory and hands-on field training,
preparing students with both the knowledge and basic skills
that are crucial for safe operation of equipment and to gain
entry-level employment in the construction industry.
- Along with building the fundamentals of operating equipment, students will learn how to properly pre-start and diagnose equipment failure, as well as earth moving operations and how to calculate what is being shaped on the job-site with the use of pad lasers, auto levels, blueprint reading and excavation math.
- Students will have the opportunity to operate backhoes, skid steers, track loaders, wheel loaders, excavators, off-road dump trucks, compaction equipment and dozers.
- While learning the skills used in the trade, you will also spend time improving your resume and learning what makes a valuable employee. With support from many of the contractors in the area, the goal is to provide them with great employees that are ready to make this a career.
With the use of the NCCER curriculum, students will have the opportunity to gain Apprenticeship in Heavy Equipment Operations through our partnership with ABC Keystone Chapter. Click here to learn more about ABC’s Apprenticeship Program.
- Apprenticeship Level 3 is January. Apprenticeship Level 2 is February. Apprenticeship Level 1 is March. April off due NOCTI testing.
10 weeks/400 hours
Mon-Thurs 6:30 AM- 4:30PM – 30 minutes for lunch
Tuition: $6750, this includes, books, tools, LCCTC t-shirt, hard hat, safety glasses and ear plugs.
*Supplies needed for class: Work boots are required, steel toe/safety toe boots are recommended. Shorts and sleeveless shirts are NOT allowed. Please wear school appropriate shirts and be prepared for the weather. Remember, no smoking on school grounds. Other items recommended:highlighter, pen/pencil and a notebook.
For more information or to schedule a tour, contact Elizabeth Scott at escott@LancasterCTC.edu
CLASS DATES: To Be Determined
Due to the nature of the training, class dates may be adjusted due to inclement weather conditions.
FBI Clearance is also required. Go to: https://uenroll.identogo.com/
Use service code: 1KG6NX- PA PDE – Area vocations technical schools (AVTS)
The FBI Clearance requires that you register online to be fingerprinted. Once you have completed the registration process, you go to an Identogo fingerprinting site with your ID for the fingerprinting process.
Payment for the course will be due on or before the first day of class.
We are not able to offer any financial aid for this course due to the number of hours but you could explore the following options:
- Check out your local CareerLink
- Get a Private loan through your bank or credit union
- Check into a “Sallie Mae” loan through PNC or Wells Fargo banks
For information regarding funding options through CareerLink please call (717) 509-5613 or check online at www.jobgateway.pa.gov and get signed up for a Welcome Orientation.