Youth Development Specialist
Full-time, Part-time Position, Available on: 07/27/2017
|Abraxas, a GEO Group company, is a leading provider of innovative and quality treatment programs for youth, adults and families. For 40 years, Abraxas has contracted with various county and state agencies for the operation of residential, community-based, detention/shelter services and alternative education programming. We offer specialized services for hard-to-place juvenile populations including fire setters, sexual offenders and habitual offenders in addition to gender specific programming for females in need of treatment.
This entry level position implements the activities which support the daily schedule of the facility. In addition, this position observes and addresses client behavior and documents services in client files.
• Interacts with and supervises clients during daily activities in a manner that ensures their safety and security.
• Maintains regular communication with supervisor and co-workers.
• Provides effective facility security including conducting headcounts, room checks, and observing client movement.
• Observes client behavior and intervenes appropriately.
• Processes intakes and screens clients according to program policy.
• Facilitates and documents various groups or meetings.
• Administers medication or supervises self administration of medication when necessary.
• Maintains regular communication with supervisor and co-workers. .
• Maintains confidentiality of information related to client information.
• Observes activities and responds accordingly including emergency situations including evacuation, CPR, or first aid).
• Supports the Abraxas philosophy and mission and promotes the Seven Key Principles of care.
• Demonstrates appropriate use of Safe Crisis Management techniques and skills.
• The following educational requirements are acceptable for this classification including:
o High School Diploma or GED; Associate’s Degree preferred. (Detention unit employees shall have an Associate’s degree or 60 credit hours from an accredited college or university.)
• Other Qualifications:
o At least twenty-one (21) years of age.
o Criminal clearances (Act 33 and 34, specific State & child clearances and, if necessary, FBI).
o Non-communicable diseases physical exam.
o Valid driver’s license from employee’s state of residence.
• Ability to work with computers and the necessary software typically used by the department.
Must apply online at jobs.geogroup.com.
Company: Abraxas Academy
1000 Academy Drive, PO Box 645, Morgantown, Pa 19543
Contact: Gilbert A. Diaz