Full-time Position, Available on: 2023-06-12
I. Welding Components of Hydraulic Cylinders – Essential skill for this position:
Proficient or mastery level welding skills in MIG, FLUX CORE, STICK, and
TIG of all metals, uses welding techniques to join base plates, cross tubes, port blocks and rod end to cylinder tubes and rods. Welds attachments and components as specified by drawings. Capable of fabricating fixtures for complex assemblies when necessary. Knowledge and experience with precision tools/applications as used with hydraulic cylinders fabrication and assembly. Knowledge and experience welding to meet tolerance specifications for hydraulic cylinders.
II. Hydraulic Cylinder Disassembly and Assembly – As needed: Assists as a secondary responsibility if/ when welding job orders are complete.
Inspecting and evaluating hydraulic cylinders, pumps, and hydraulic components. Measuring and evaluating tolerances based upon required specifications. Providing recommendations for repair and remanufacturing. Disassembling cylinders, remanufacturing worn components. Hone hydraulic barrels. Replacing worn or defective parts, seals, components. Reassemble hydraulic cylinders and components with accuracy and precision. Follow specifications for torquing and assembly requirements. Test for operation. Determine need for adjustments or repairs.
III. Quality Control
a. Adhere to quality assurance procedures and processes
b. Interpret geometric dimensions and tolerances
c. Maintain specifications by observing, including operations
d. Taking accurate measurements
e. Demonstrates Excellence in quality both in welding and assembly of cylinder.
IV. Safety Operations
a. Observe all safety practices
b. Maintains equipment by completing preventative maintenance requirements, follow manufacturer’s instructions, troubleshooting malfunctions, call for repairs
c. Maintains continuity among work shifts by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
d. Detecting malfunctions
e. Troubleshooting processes
f. Report all safety concerns to supervisor
V. All other tasks as assigned.
• Strong mechanical and technical aptitude; specific to hydraulic cylinders is required.
• Organized and detail oriented, ability to set priorities and meet deadlines
• Commitment to accuracy and quality
• Reading comprehension and writing
• Quality Control Analysis
• Critical Thinking
• Time Management
• Attention to Detail
• Must be able to lift up to 100 pounds
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to operate metal cutting and fabrication tools such as welder, cutting torch, metal cutting band saws and other saws, grinding wheel, angle grinder, etc.
• Conversant with hydraulic components and operation
• Applied knowledge of hydraulic pressure and testing
• Self- motivated achiever
Education and Experience
• High School Diploma /GED required.
• Technical Degree or Vocational Technical Diploma Strongly Preferred.
• Demonstrated on-the-job experience
Company: PowerPro Equipment
864 North West End Blvd.
Quakertown PA 18951
Contact: Patty Trexler