Full-time Position, Available on: 2023-09-27
The Order Packer is responsible for packing orders in preparation for shipment. This role requires attention to detail, physical stamina, a focus on quality, and the ability to meet shipping deadlines.
This position supports and contributes to the Ten Thousand Villages mission by ensuring the smooth, efficient and accurate flow of products from the time of arrival from our artisan partners around the world until the receipt of the products by retail and wholesale buyers.
• Pack orders for ground or common carrier shipments using appropriate packing methods to minimize transit damage; palletize common carrier shipments.
• Assess, prioritize and determine appropriate packing sequence, methods and materials for the order, working in a timely manner to accomplish tasks.
• Label packages with shipping information and ensure that all orders are accurate and complete.
• Keep pack area orderly and clean.
• Observe all safety protocol and contribute to a safe working environment.
• Operate various pieces of equipment (i.e., air bag machine, pallet jack).
• Perform general warehouse duties and assist in other departments as directed by the any warehouse supervisor, including receiving, processing, picking, and/or putting away returns and processing inbound freight.
• Perform additional duties/responsibilities as requested which contribute to the position’s success and the mission.
• Close attention to detail and accuracy in following instructions and processing shipments for correct destinations
• Ability to meet physical requirements of the position
• Familiarity with computers or willingness to learn; Warehouse Management System (WMS) experience a plus
• Flexibility; able to work with interruptions and changing work priorities
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team
• Good interpersonal skills; ability to communicate well
Types of Interaction (internal):
• Warehouse supervisors and staff, including temps and volunteers
Type of Interaction (external):
• This job operates in a normal warehouse environment protected from outside weather conditions but exposed to varying temperatures, moving vehicles, and dust.
• This role requires the ability to lift and move objects up to 30 pounds frequently and up to 75 pounds occasionally and requires close visual acuity. Noise level may be loud at times.
• This role requires constant movement, repetitive motion, and use of limbs to stoop, crouch, reach, push, pull, finger, and grasp objects of varying size and texture. Standing and walking for the duration of the work day and both hearing and talking abilities are required.
Company: Ten Thousand Villages
221 Forney Dr.
Ephrata, PA 17522
Contact: Anne Brubaker