Full-time, Part-time Position, Available on: 2022-04-01
We are seeking 2 part time/full time Veterinary Technicians / Assistants to join our team at VCA Newark. Credentialed is a bonus but not required.
The successful candidate will be a believer in the possibilities of high quality veterinary medicine and patient care—with the expertise and technical know-how to make them happen.
(students – we’d love to have you!)
Why We Need You
As a member of the VCA team, your mission will be to win the confidence of every pet parent—by delivering an outstanding client experience—so they will partner with us for the lifelong care of their companion animals. VCA Newark Animal Hospital is a busy and fast growing General Practice / Urgent Care hybrid hospital and we are seeking an experienced tech to add to our technician group. The skills that you will be utilizing include, but are not limited to:
• Physical examinations and patient assessment
• Performing laboratory work and diagnostic imaging
• Filling prescriptions
• Venipuncture and catheter placement as needed
• Maintaining medical records
• Supporting our Doctor and Technician team by creating a positive, low stress atmosphere for clients and patients
Why You Should Consider Us
At VCA, your passion for medicine and compassion for pets and people is matched with a commitment to your professional growth.
• You will enjoy exposure to a diverse and stimulating caseload, employ the most advanced imaging and monitoring tools, and tap into the expertise of more than 4,500+ doctors, including 600+ boarded specialists.
• You will sharpen your skills—and even learn some new techniques—and explore career options that only VCA can offer, such as continuing education, transfer, specialization, and leadership opportunities.
We offer competitive compensation and great benefits for eligible employees, including medical/dental, generous personal pet care discounts and more! Benefits: We offer competitive compensation along with a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision and paid vacation/sick days, 401(k), generous employee pet discounts and more! The information in this position description indicates the general nature and level of work to be performed. It is not designed to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Management reserves the right to revise the job description or require that other tasks be performed when the circumstances of the job change (for example, emergencies, change in personnel, workload, or technical development)
Company: VCA Newark Animal Hospital
1360 Marrows Rd Newark DE 19711
Contact: Sara Sturtevant