Full-time Position, Available on: 2021-05-01
Candidate should be a motivated team player with good attitude and possess organizational and communication skills. Individual should be able to function well in a multi-task environment with attention to detail, and willing to accept new and diverse assignments. Candidate must be able to work with all organizational levels including fellow-employees and management. The maintenance technician will be responsible for repairing the conveyors, plumbing, electrical systems and pumps. Also supports Call Center at same location. This position requires solid maintenance experience in several areas. The candidate will have the ability to multi-task and past experience as a maintenance technician in a manufacturing/distribution setting.
• Assists in installation, preventative maintenance, emergency repairs, and modifications/upgrading of forklift, conveyor electrical, electronic, building and mechanical systems pertaining to facilities or production equipment.
• Assists with recommendations pertaining to equipment upgrades, analysis of operation parameters of equipment, and other requirements to support operations.
• Applies technical and maintenance experience to improve and maintain both short and long term facilities and/or production equipment.
• Maintains validated parameters as well as cGMP’s during the operation of equipment, thus permitting the timely release of product and meeting functional, cosmetic, and other quality control specifications.
• Assists in equipment-related recommendations that will secure improvements in productivity, efficiency, cost control, and product quality.
• Per SOPs and related documents, subordinates in maintenance and operation of equipment and all other job functions within assigned areas under the guidance of the Lead/Supervisor/Manager.
• Helps implement methods that will maximize reliability of production and/or facilities equipment within its limitations.
• Monitors and controls equipment in assigned areas to ensure the operation of equipment within written SOP/cGMP guidelines.
• Assists in monitoring daily performance of production and/or facilities equipment. Will assist and consult subordinates in technical issues used in troubleshooting equipment.
• Identifies equipment failures which may affect performance and makes recommendations for corrective action.
• Helps compile weekly and/or monthly reports to identify results as they pertain to operational standards.
• Ensures equipment operation, maintains cGMPs, and ensures required documentation is compiled and retained.
• Be available for emergency callbacks and flexible toward the daily start schedule and overtime requirements, including holidays and plant shutdowns.
• Adhere to all safety codes and practices for self and others throughout the plant.
• Minimum H.S. diploma or equivalent, along with specialized coursework beyond high school education
• Minimum of 2-5 years related maintenance experience
• Trade skills in one or more of the following: welding, electrical, mechanical, HVAC, instrumentation, forklifts, building construction, conveyor.
• Ability to interpret and understand maintenance manuals and electrical equipment blueprints
• Knowledge and experience in industrial electrical and equipment mechanics
• Strong leadership skills
• Ability to lift up to 55 lbs. regularly
• Ability to safely operate motorized heavy equipment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee is required to stand; walk; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. Frequently lifts up to 55 pounds. May operate warehouse equipment (i.e., forklift, pallet jack, cherry picker) which requires some coordinated movements.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Works in a warehouse environment in all types of weather. The employee may operate warehouse equipment. Using proper safety procedures will eliminate any potential hazards. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Company: Urban Outfitters
766 Brackbill Rd.
Gap, PA 17527
Contact: Rick Lewis