Full-time Position, Available on: 2023-06-29
The Systems Support Specialist provides user and system set-up and support for Ten Thousand Villages. This includes support for home office staff in the office and working remotely, for our warehouse staff, and for staff at Ten Thousand Villages stores. This position supports and contributes to the Ten Thousand Villages mission by ensuring that office, warehouse, and store staff have functional technology and that users are configured properly with appropriate roles and permissions. Great technology support allows staff to focus on buying, warehousing, shipping, and selling artisan-made products.
Support, User Set-up, and Network/System Administration (60%)
• Provide primary telephone and email support to Ten Thousand Villages office, warehouse, and store staff using our ticketing system.
• Maintain the Ten Thousand Villages computer network, performing duties such as user set-up and configuration, computer set-up and troubleshooting, network management that promotes security, and system backup, as necessary.
• Provide primary support and training for the Microsoft 365 suite as needed, including Outlook, Word, Excel, SharePoint and Microsoft Teams. Assist with support for other enterprise systems including Business Central, LS Retail, HighJump Warehouse Edge, and Jet Reports.
• Provide primary setup of office and warehouse computers. Assist with configuration and setup of store systems. Configure, maintain and support peripheral devices, including local and network printers, scanners and other devices, as needed.
System Maintenance (10%)
• Maintain and monitor IT Ticketing system, ensure tickets are being managed in a timely manner and apply system updates as necessary.
• Maintain and monitor computer and system backups for office, warehouse and store systems. Work with the IT team to ensure appropriate backups are configured and working, including test restores, offsite backups and application of updates to backup hardware and software as necessary.
• Perform server maintenance, such as security updates, at the direction of the IT Director.
• Assist in troubleshooting issues with connectivity, performance and functionality of servers and network switches, routers and firewalls.
E-mail Administration (10%)
• Manage and maintain our e-mail server and clients using Exchange and Microsoft 365.
• Set up, configure, migrate and remove users, mailboxes, global contacts, and groups as necessary.
• Monitor and troubleshoot inbound/outbound messaging issues as needed.
• Ensure address books are maintained by appropriate users or departments.
• Monitor and maintain e-mail spam solutions.
Assist with IT Projects and Security (20%)
• Assist with roll-out of IT initiatives to office, warehouse and stores as needed.
• Implement security practices in the office and warehouse as prescribed by Ten Thousand Villages PCI-DSS (payment card industry-data security standards) policies and practices.
• Identify potential security threats and provide insight into their mitigation.
• Analyze and resolve vulnerability issues; use, install, and maintain anti-virus, anti-malware and firewall software.
• Passion for learning, discovering, and taking the initiative to update technology systems as they evolve and grow
• Training or experience in the maintenance and support of computer hardware and software in a Windows environment
• Experience with network administration including Microsoft Exchange and 365; SharePoint, Microsoft Teams, and Outlook setup and configuration experience a plus
• Computer help desk or user support experience
• Experience with integration of Mac computers a plus
• Experience with and knowledge of DNS, DHCP, Active Directory, Group Policy, LS Retail and Shopify a plus
• Experience implementing security policies a plus
• Effective communication skills, both oral and written
• Ability to work cooperatively with others
• Strong organizational skills
• Hardware – Comfortable enough to add RAM to a laptop or desktop and replace a SSDs if necessary.
• Windows & Windows Server • Virtual Machine Management (Especially Hyper-V) • Microsoft 365 and Azure AD administration • Active Directory and Exchange knowledge and MacOS experience
Company: Ten Thousand Villages
704 Main St.
Akron, PA 17522
Contact: Anne Brubaker