Temporary Position, Available on: 2022-06-06
$1,000 Sign-On Bonus
Looking for hardworking motivated students enrolled in a CTC program, preferably construction related, looking to earn some money over the summer break working on commercial excavating projects. A great opportunity to learn more about the construction industry, or just work outdoors in the sunshine.
Responsibilities and Expectations
As a crucial part of Horst Excavation’s Self-Perform team, you’ll be expected to perform the following with the highest degree of precision and quality:
* Maintain job site by cleaning up and removing trash and debris.
* Transport, carry, and move materials on job sites.
* Perform a variety of digging, shoveling, and grade preparation work, including raking and spreading of stone for concrete slab work. Backfilling operations may require the employee to operate tampers and similar equipment.
* Perform on-site labor work as needed; includes operating jackhammer, small rollers, and tamper, checking grade elevations, installing pipe and on-site sewer system.
* Performs minor landscaping and miscellaneous demolition.
* Assist in the placement of concrete and reinforcing steel.
* Must be currently active in a CTC program
* Demonstrated mechanical aptitude and ability to use necessary tools and equipment.
* Must be able to read, write, understand and communicate effectively in English.
* Must be able to lift a minimum of 50 pounds and be on feet for extended periods of time
* Will be required to obtain all clearances required to work on school projects and pass a physical and drug screen.
If you are interested in joining an established commercial excavation firm with a long-standing reputation for quality work and dependability, apply and submit your resume today.
Only qualified candidates will be considered.
Horst Group is an EEO employer and maintains a drug free work place.
Company: Horst Excavating
320 Granite Run Drive
Lancaster, PA 17601
Contact: David Thornton