Full-time Position, Available on: 2020-01-30
The Veterinary Referral and Emergency Center (VREC) is a 24/7/365 emergency and referral hospital located in Clarks Summit, PA. VREC is currently seeking a Technician to join our emergency department. This position requires a driven individual who can work both as a member of a team and on their own, is able to quickly and accurately complete tasks while balancing multiple other duties in a fast-paced environment.
Candidates must be able to follow the guidelines, structure, and established policies of the hospital while working with experienced clinicians, licensed technicians, and a dedicated support staff. The ideal candidate will have excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
Duties may include but are not limited to:
• Quickly and accurately assessing patients’ status while working along side doctors to provide care
• Performing anesthesia for minor procedures
• Performing in-patient treatments and administering a variety of medications
• Appropriately taking radiographs and submitting them to a radiologist for review
• Running blood work on a variety of equipment
• Placing a variety of catheters (urinary catheters, central venous catheters, peripheral indwelling central catheters) as well as nasal oxygen and nasal feeding tubes
Candidates must have a willingness to learn, not all skills are required on hire but are able to be learned while on the job.
We offer a signing bonus, competitive compensation and a generous benefits package. If you want a challenging and rewarding career, we want to hear from you.
Company: Veterinary Referral & Emergency Center
318 Northern Blvd, Clarks Summit, PA 18411
Contact: Rhiannon Penkala