Full-time Position, Available on: 2022-11-18
Want to make a difference on U.S. roadways? On average, there are over 6 million passenger car crashes in the U.S. every year. Road crashes are the leading cause of death in the country, resulting in more than 38,000 people losing their lives each year. More than half (57 percent) of U.S. traffic fatalities occur after a driver crosses the edge or center line of a roadway. Two-thirds (65 percent) of these fatal crashes occur in rural areas.
Rumble Strips are a proven safety countermeasure by the FHWA. The installation of Center Line and Shoulder Rumble Strips along two-lane rural roads have shown to reduce crashes by 44-64% and 13-51%, respectfully.
Surface Preparation Technologies, LLC (SPT) is seeking full-time Construction Laborers and Equipment Operators with a CDL A or B. Wages are starting at a minimum of $19.00/hour depending on the position. Prevailing wage is paid when higher than the hourly minimum. Must be willing to do extensive travel across the U.S. going to different states and cities. Paid single occupancy hotel accommodations and daily per diem provided.
SPT is the industry leader in rumble strip equipment and installation. We are growing and seeking crew members to work in quality control operating trucks and working with our specialized milling and broom equipment.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Operating a Truck or TMA Truck on State highway interstate systems with minimal supervision once trained.
· Occasionally interact with inspectors, DOT personnel, and engineers as needed.
· Communicate with team to ensure smooth production.
· Inspect and maintain equipment.
· Wear PPE as required.
· Class A or B Driver’s license, good driving record, complete inspections, logs, & fuel reports.
· Ability to make decisions in difficult rumbling conditions.
· Mechanical ability to troubleshoot and repair equipment.
· Knowledge of job specific safety practices.
· Ability to pass a pre-employment DOT drug screen and background check.
· Ability to lift 60 pounds or more as needed.
· Ability to work 8–14 hour days.
· Must be able to stand or walk on pavement for long periods of time.
· Ability to maneuver on or around equipment.
· Exposure to heat, cold, rain and dust on a regular basis.
· Extensive travel (100%) and long hours away from home.
· Noisy environment, need ear plugs.
Surface Preparation Technologies, LLC offers excellent benefits to include medical/dental/vision, 401k with match, paid vacation/holidays, year-end bonus, weekly pay cycle and much more!
Surface Preparation Technologies, LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Company: Surface Preparation Technologies, LLC
44 East Main Street
PO Box 834
New Kingstown, PA 17072
Contact: Michelle Hackett