Part-time Position, Available on: 2023-08-17
Resident Assistants for Personal Care
Garden Spot Village, located in New Holland, PA, is a Retirement Community offering innovative options for residential living, and also wellness and healthcare services. Named one of the top 25 communities in the country by U.S. News and World Report!
Job Title: Resident Assistant
Status: Part-Time working 16 or 12 hours per week
Shift: Day Shift 8am – 12pm and Evening Shift 4pm – 8pm
Salary Range: starting at $15.50/hr
The Resident Assistant will work in our personal care household.
What does Garden Spot Communities offer employees?
– The opportunity to make a difference in the lives of others, working in a
non-profit atmosphere with community involvement, friends, and a mission
that extends beyond the people we serve to those who serve here.
– We value our team members! In addition to fair, competitive wages we offer
a comprehensive compensation package that includes, but is not limited to,
the following benefits!
– Newly added benefit: Pay On-Demand
– Medical, Dental, Vision insurance coverage
– 401(k) retirement program with company match
– A fully tax-deductible Health Savings Account program
– Paid Time Off
– Tuition Assistance and Career Development
– A unique, goal oriented coaching program
– Campus perks such as a campus fitness room and salon, generous meal
discounts, and many employee appreciation and recognition events.
What will I do in this role with Garden Spot?
As a Resident Assistant, supporting the Garden Spot Communities’ mission will include the following responsibilities:
– Encourage residents to remain active and attends social functions and
– Assist in the implementation of activity programs as needed.
– Assist in the personal care of the residents as needed. These duties may
include: assistance with bathing & continence care, oral hygiene, hair
grooming & shampooing, dressing, care of clothes, shaving & nail care, care
of personal possessions, use of telephone, scheduling of appointments and
reminders of those appointments, activities, ambulation, bed-making &, the
weekly linen change.
– Assist with the admission of new resident tasks such as unpacking,
orientation to the room and facility, schedule of activities, meal times, etc.
– Respond promptly to resident call bells.
– Assist at meal times with services as per departmental policy.
– Responsible to take and document vital signs: temperature, pulse,
respirations, blood pressure, weight and accu checks.
– Makes continuous and frequent rounds to observe and check on residents’
comfort and safety.
What do I need as a Resident Assistant with Garden Spot?
– High school diploma or equivalent.
– Previous experience in healthcare or related field preferable, but not essential.
– Current CPR and First Aid Certification (or willingness to obtain after hire).
– Diabetic Training (or willingness to obtain after hire).
– Understanding of and willingness to live out our mission and values offering
compassionate personal care to our residents.
– Med Tech certification is a plus
How is Garden Spot unique?
– Part of Garden Spot Communities, we are a nonprofit organization with
locations in New Holland and Akron, PA, offering healing and retirement
living at its best!
– We live out our mission daily: To enrich the lives of older adults as an
expression of Christ’s love.
– We prioritize our values: Community, Excellence, Service, Stewardship,
Innovation, and Integrity.
– We offer compassionate personal care based on each residents’ needs and
– We encourage and equip our team to work hard, have fun, and make a
Company: Garden Spot Communities
433 S Kinzer Ave, New Holland, PA
Contact: MacKenzie McClain