Full-time, Part-time Position, Available on: 2023-03-21
Resident Assistant for Memory Care
Pay range $15-$17/hr
What does Garden Spot Communities offer employees?
• The opportunity to make a difference in the lives of others, working in a non-profit atmosphere with community involvement, friends, and a mission that extends beyond the people we serve to those who serve here.
• We value our team members! In addition to fair, competitive wages we offer a comprehensive compensation package that includes, but is not limited to, the following benefits!
o Newly added benefit: Pay On-Demand
o Medical, Dental, Vision insurance coverage
o 401(k) retirement program with company match
o A fully tax-deductible Health Savings Account program
o Paid Time Off
o Tuition Assistance and Career Development
o A unique, goal oriented coaching program
o Campus perks such as a campus fitness room and salon, generous meal discounts, and many employee appreciation and recognition events.
What will I do in this role with Garden Spot?
As a Resident Assistant, supporting the Garden Spot Communities’ mission will include the following responsibilities:
• Assist residents with resilient living. This may include personal laundry, normalcy of living, and reminders of various activities within households and on Town Square.
• Treat all residents, families, visitors and peers with dignity and respect, in a cheerful and positive manner.
• Ensure residents’ privacy, respect, dignity and rights are protected as per State and Federal Regulations.
• Assist the residents in a manner conducive to their safety, comfort and independence level.
• Respond promptly to resident calls.
• Assist at meal times with services as per departmental policy as needed.
• Responsible to take and document resident vital signs accordingly, i.e., temperature, pulse, respiration, blood pressure, and weight.
What do I need for this role as a Resident Assistant with Garden Spot?
• Must be 18 and have either a high school diploma or equivalent.
• Previous experience in health care or related field preferable, but not essential.
• Current CPR and First Aid certifications (or willingness to obtain after hire).
• Understanding of and willingness to live out our mission and values offering compassionate personal care to our residents.
How is Garden Spot unique?
• Part of Garden Spot Communities, we are a nonprofit organization with locations in New Holland and Akron, PA, offering healing and retirement living at its best!
• We live out our mission daily: To enrich the lives of older adults as an expression of Christ’s love.
• We prioritize our values: Community, Excellence, Service, Stewardship, Innovation, and Integrity.
• We offer compassionate personal care based on each residents’ needs and preferences.
• We encourage and equip our team to work hard, have fun, and make a difference!
Company: Garden Spot Communities
433 S Kinzer Ave.
New Holland, PA 17557
Contact: MacKenzie McClain