Full-time, Part-time Position, Available on: 2023-02-07
Resident Assistant for Memory Care
The Resident Assistant will work in Meadow View, an innovative new memory support community, offering opportunities for people with dementia to live resiliently, regain their dignity, and find purpose! It is a secure building offering 40 memory support suites in 2 households.
Hiring for Full Time Part Time Evenings, Nights & Weekend Only
What does Garden Spot Communities offer employees?
• The opportunity to make a difference in the lives of others, working in a non-profit atmosphere with community involvement, friends, and a mission that extends beyond the people we serve to those who serve here.
• We value our team members! In addition to fair, competitive wages we offer a comprehensive compensation package that includes, but is not limited to, the following benefits!
o Newly added benefit: Pay On-Demand
o Medical, Dental, Vision insurance coverage
o 401(k) retirement program with company match
o A fully tax-deductible Health Savings Account program
o Paid Time Off
o Tuition Assistance and Career Development
o A unique, goal oriented coaching program
o Campus perks such as a campus fitness room and salon, generous meal discounts, and many employee appreciation and recognition events.
What will I do in this role with Garden Spot?
As a Resident Assistant, supporting the Garden Spot Communities’ mission will include the following responsibilities:
• Assist residents with resilient living. This may include personal laundry, normalcy of living, and reminders of various activities within households and on Town Square.
• Treat all residents, families, visitors and peers with dignity and respect, in a cheerful and positive manner.
• Ensure residents’ privacy, respect, dignity and rights are protected as per State and Federal Regulations.
• Assist the residents in a manner conducive to their safety, comfort and independence level.
• Respond promptly to resident calls.
• Assist at meal times with services as per departmental policy as needed.
• Responsible to take and document resident vital signs accordingly, i.e., temperature, pulse, respiration, blood pressure, and weight.
What do I need for this role as a Resident Assistant with Garden Spot?
• Must be 18 and have either a high school diploma or equivalent.
• Previous experience in health care or related field preferable, but not essential.
• Current CPR and First Aid certifications (or willingness to obtain after hire).
• Understanding of and willingness to live out our mission and values offering compassionate personal care to our residents.
How is Garden Spot unique?
Named one of the top 25 communities in the country by U.S. News and World Report!
• Part of Garden Spot Communities, we are a nonprofit organization with locations in New Holland and Akron, PA, offering healing and retirement living at its best!
• We live out our mission daily: To enrich the lives of older adults as an expression of Christ’s love.
• We prioritize our values: Community, Excellence, Service, Stewardship, Innovation, and Integrity.
• We offer compassionate personal care based on each residents’ needs and preferences.
• We encourage and equip our team to work hard, have fun, and make a difference!
Company: Garden Spot Communities
433 S Kinzer Ave.
New Holland, PA 17557
Contact: MacKenzie McClain