Full-time Position, Available on: 2022-05-04
Responsible for ensuring food safety and quality standards in the Plainville Farms’ processing plant by performing pre-operational inspections, work in process and final product inspection, quality checks, SSOP, customer requirements, company policies and procedures. To monitor and perform verifications of critical control points throughout the manufacturing process ensuring strict adherence to the company’s written HACCP program. Recommends and oversees proper corrective actions are initiated and documented where required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
1. Perform pre-operational and operational sanitary inspection of production and auxiliary areas in the plant.
2. Perform verification inspection and testing at the designated frequencies of following tasks: product temperatures, injection tests, net weight checks, product quality checks, label verification, metal detection and sell by verification. Document findings and report any issues to appropriate personnel.
3. Verify employees’ adherence to GMPs, SSOP, and company policies.
4. Monitor and verification of critical control points throughout production departments.
5. Perform monitoring activities in accordance with documented frequencies.
6. Place non-conforming product on QA Hold status.
7. Document HACCP corrective actions for non-conforming product to fulfill the following requirements:
a. Cause of deviation
b. Corrective Action
c. Prevent recurrence
d. Product disposition
8. Release finished product from hold once in compliance with HACCP defined critical limits.
9. Periodic review of paperwork throughout shift to verify all products have met critical limits and can be released for shipment. All pre-shipment and record reviews must be signed and dated in accordance with company’s HACCP program.
10. Accurately document all fields within FSQA paperwork to ensure all inspections are within company’s quality standards.
11. Take random samples of work in process and finished product for microbiological analysis.
12. Control non-conformant product, processes or equipment to ensure proper actions and management notifications are in place to verify product is compliant with all quality and regulatory specifications.
13. Ensure and participate in compliance measures to meet GMP, HACCP, SQF and federal standards related to food safety and quality guidelines.
14. Perform other related responsibilities, as needed, to support The Company’s business objectives.
• High school diploma
• Knowledge of one production department
• Follows instructions and completes tasks.
• Available for assigned shift.
• Knowledge of or ability to acquire knowledge of poultry or food industries.
Strong interpersonal skills; ability to communicate and work effectively with a variety of people.
• Working knowledge or ability to acquire knowledge of GMPs, USDA guidelines, HACCP regulations and company policies.
• Basic math skills including ability to accurately add, subtract, multiply and divide. Capability of working with and calculating percentages.
• Ability to read, write and communicate in English.
• Ability to establish and maintain productive working relationships with coworkers, supervision, and USDA personnel.
• Ability to work with minimal supervision and make reasonable and accurate decisions.
• Analytical thinking, problem solving and decision making skills, ability to assess observations and communicate results.
• Able to adhere to specifications.
• Able to make informed decisions on plant floor and recommend corrective actions.
Company: Plainville Brands LLC
304 S. water St New Oxford, PA
Contact: Heather Myers