Full-time Position, Available on: 2022-11-01
Production/Installation (Hybrid) Technician
The Production/Installation is a hybrid technician that will have solid workmanship skills, a high level of reliability and attention to detail. You will assemble blinds, make shades of various types, do repairs and valance and fabric board work when required as well as install finished product as needed.
Responsibilities of this role include:
• Fabricate blinds, shades and other window treatments.
• Perform window treatment repairs.
• Help organize window covering orders and installation materials in shop Keep shop clean and orderly.
• Cut slat packs for blinds
• Log scrap as needed.
• Assist with inventory as requested.
• Use simple computer programs (email/Outlook calendar/light Excel).
• Ability to follow instructions and have close attention to detail.
• Boxing/packaging outgoing product for installation when needed.
• Installation of product in residential and commercial areas after learning all facets of assembly and repair.
• Ability to drive company vans safely and follow all policies around company vehicle operation.
• Loading and unloading product up to 100 lbs. with assistance, 50 lbs. without assistance.
• Other duties as assigned pertaining to the role.
• Prior general workmanship skills from any industry.
• Ability to read tape measure and blue prints.
• Basic math skills.
• Self-directed and able to work independently and work as a valuable team player.
• Friendly, courteous, professional with all types of personalities.
• Ability to learn and handle new technology as introduced to the window covering and installation industry.
• Excellent troubleshooting, analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Current valid PA driver’s license with no restrictions.
• Punctual and very dependable.
• Ability to follow Jackson’s Window Shoppe procedures and policies
• Ability to pass a background check and subject to drug testing.
• Ability to climb up and down ladders sometimes measuring higher than 6” when required.
• High school diploma or equivalent completed education level.
• Strong eye/hand coordination and dexterity due to small parts assembly.
• Eyesight to see small parts and insertion points.
• Must be able to stand for 8-hour or longer shift.
• Proactive and accountable for workmanship and following directions.
Disclaimer: While this description provides the general nature of the role, other duties may be assigned at the discretion of management as required by business need.
The hours for this position are generally Monday through Friday from 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM with overtime during peak times. There may be occasional company paid travel for installations outside of Lancaster.
This position is non-exempt.
We are an equal opportunity employer, we strive to hire, recruit, train and promote employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
The employee must occasionally lift and /or move up to 50 pounds independently, 100 pounds or more with assistance. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to type, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is frequently required to stand; sit and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk, crouch, twist and be comfortable with heights to install product and put product away in shop area.
Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on Jackson’s Window Shoppe. Please inform the company if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process
Company: Jackson's WIndow Shoppe
633 Lausch Lane
Contact: Carol Dehoff