Full-time Position, Available on: 2022-06-01
The Production Associate 3 position is responsible for the fabrication and assembly of custom components on Line05/USAM area according to company and customer specifications using machines such as presses, shears, saws, grinders and drills to bend, cut, form, punch, drill, and or otherwise assemble metal components. In addition, the use of welding machines, linear and orbital are essential for this job function.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned. Responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
● Fabricate and assemble structures and custom components within provided specifications and company quality procedures.
● Position, align, fit and weld parts to form complete units or subunits, following blueprints and layout specifications, and using jigs, welding torches and hand tools.
● Set-up, operate and maintain fabricating machines such as presses, shears, saws, grinders, and drill presses, to bend, cut, form, punch, drill, or otherwise form and assemble metal components
● Set-up, operate and maintain welding machines such as orbital welders, linear welders to fabricate assemblies in accordance with specification.
● Select, align and secure holding fixtures, tools, attachments and materials on weld tables.
● Study/interpret engineering drawings and blueprints to determine material requirements and task sequences.
● Fit up and tack weld as necessary using care and judgment to compensate for shrink or distortions
● Regularly check work to verify dimensions, ensure compliance to specifications and make necessary adjustment or corrections
● Interfaces with engineers, technicians, and other manufacturing personnel as necessary to effect completion of assemblies.
● Performs prescribed preventative maintenance on machines as required.
● Complete all required documentation.
● Ensure quality standards and processes are used.
● Complete production tasks in a wide range of production lines to accurately and efficiently fill gaps in production staffing requirements.
● Performs bench type processes to complete mechanical and electrical assemblies and subassemblies, using hand tools and electronic and pneumatic tooling.
● Maintains the work area and equipment in a clean and orderly condition and follows prescribed safety regulations.
● Participate in continuous improvement activities and workspace organization improvement
● Reports defective materials or questions conditions to the department supervisor.
● Cross training in other related assembly areas as production demand requires.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each ESSENTIAL DUTY satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
● Education High School Diploma or equivalent is required.
● Language and Communication Skills: The ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence and memos. Ability to effectively present information in a one on one and small group situations to customers, clients and other employees of the organization.
● Mathematical Skills Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret charts.
● Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions provided in written, oral, diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
● Certifications Required None
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES None
PHYSICAL DEMANDS The ability to stand 8+ hours a day. The ability to reach and bend. The ability to frequently lift, push, or pull, up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift, push, or pull up to 50 pounds. Dexterity is required. The ability to wear safety shoes The employee must be able to work in a state of constant alertness and in a safe manner.
WORK ENVIRONMENT The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts.The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Carel is an equal opportunity employer.
Company: Carel USA
385 S Oak St. Manheim, Pa 17545
Contact: Beate Ervin