Full-time Position, Available on: 2022-01-04
Smucker Laser Cutting & Machine Fabrication (a division of Sam S. Smucker & Sons) is a premier metal fabrication manufacturing firm serving clients in the South-Central Pennsylvania region. We continue to grow and are currently seeking a first shift Press Brake Operator to join our team.
The Press Brake Operator operates an electric press brake and supports the production team by assembling parts, operating machinery, and bending of metal products. The essential duties and responsibilities include:
• Set-up, operate, and troubleshoot electric press brake safely.
• Perform daily/weekly cleanups-including PM’s, fluid checks, and look for and report any possible problems.
• Safely and efficiently perform mechanical die changes with minimal down time.
• Record proper data as needed – including delay time, completion time and piece count.
• Operate Forklifts.
• Maintain a consistent rate of production.
• Perform basic mechanical maintenance and troubleshooting.
• Perform Quality checks to include weight, density, and size; utilizing different mathematical equations and tools in short timeframes.
We are seeking candidates with the following qualifications:
• 2-4 years of experience operating press brakes (Required)
• High school diploma or GED is (Preferred)
• Solid background working with sheet metal (Required)
• Ability to read blueprints (Required)
• Proven measurement and mathematical fraction/decimal conversion skills
• Flexible schedule is required; this position requires shift work as well as some weekend work
• Strong computer skills (Windows, MRP, machine touch screen computer controls)
• Candidate must be a strong team player and willing to work with others at times
• Candidate must be reliable
Sam S. Smucker & Sons provides a competitive and comprehensive compensation and benefits package, including medical and dental insurance, 401(k) plan with Company match, profit sharing plan, paid vacation and holidays, and more.
To apply for this excellent career opportunity, send your resume/application to: Smucker Laser Cutting & Machine Fabrication, attention Human Resources, 543 Strasburg Pike, Lancaster, PA 17602. Email firstname.lastname@example.org. Fax (717) 687-0944. Phone (717) 687-4350. www.smuckerlaser.com. EOE
Company: Sam S. Smucker & Sons
543 Strasburg Pike
Lancaster, PA 17602